Wednesday, November 16, 2011

About this blog

Some things are pretty obvious. If u see a blog titled "Writer's Block" you would probably guess it's about writing or a writer trying to get over her writer's block. If u see a blog entitled "Hip Hop News" you expect to see news about Hip Hop. And if u see a blog entitled "Mama's Musings" you expect to hear about a mother's thoughts on motherhood and life. Well my blog is named after me but it is about more than just me. It is about my journey. See for the past eight to ten years I have taken a hiatus. A hiatus from living authentically as me.

See I have been an impostor for a long time. Not the kind of impostor with sinister motives to topple down governments but pure motives. I was an impostor for others. An impostor who had sincere motives of serving others; of serving God. The past two years have been very revealing and have helped to shed that false mask. I have seen a church that I love become a church that I don't love and eventually go from declining to death. All the while I have noticed that not only was it the church that I didn't love but I also didn't love the person I had become.

So this is my journey into becoming a better person. It is the journey of a pastor who has preached living an abundant life-a better quality of life-but has not fully experienced that. See I believe true authentic spirituality is supposed to encompass more than just religious observances but it is supposed to show you how to live 24/7. It is designed point the way to a better quality of life in all areas that you touch-work, relationships, recreation etc. So this blog will chronicle my journey in becoming a better person; a better me; as I seek a better quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment